There are several types of rashes that may affect parts of a baby’s body. These rashes can be treated typically. Rashes may be rarely considered as an emergency. Sometimes, infant rashes may lead to more serious illness.
Causes of Baby rash:
New skin and developing immune systems of a baby are very sensitive and susceptible to many sources of infection or irritation. Causes of rashes in babies include:
- Allergic reactions.
- Dampness / Wetness.
Common types of skin rashes in babies include:
- Appearance of acne on the face of baby.
- Cradle cap.
- Wetness, feces or the acidity of a baby’s urine leads to diaper rash.
- When drool irritates the skin around the mouth or on the chest leads to drool rash.
- Eczema, most commonly present on the baby’s arms, face, behind the knees.
- Slapped cheek rash accompanied by fever, sore throat and fatigue.
- Hand, foot and mouth disease.
- Heat rash present in regions covered by clothes.
- Infectious rashes such as measles, chickenpox and scarlet fever.