When four or more joints in the body become painful and swollen, this condition is known as polyarthritis. It’s related with autoimmune conditions and can occur at any age and is not gender specific. Get the Best polyarthritis treatment in Rajahmundry.
Autoimmune disorder, in which a person's immune system mistakenly attacks its own cells and tissues, leads to polyarthritis. Autoimmune disease causes are not understood well but are strongly associated with environment,
genetics, and possibly exposure to radiation and toxins.
- Pan/discomfort in joints.
- Lack of energy.
- 100.4 degrees of temperature or above
- Inflammed lymph nodes.
- Swelling or redness in the affected region.
- Limited range of movement.
- Loss of appetite.
- Unexpected weight loss.
Treatments for polyarthritis are similar to autoimmune diseases. They
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs): These can aid to relieve pain and stiffness.
- Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs): This aids in decreasing the course of autoimmune disorder. Methotrexate is frequently prescribed to minimize joint damage caused by polyarthritis.
- Biologics: Modify the immune system to minimize inflammation.
- Corticosteroids: These help to control swelling/ inflammation and decrease pain. Steroids can be taken via injection or orally. They must only be used in the short-term, as they may lead to serious
- Warming therapies: Warm baths and over-the-counter topical creams like aspercreme can temporarily relieve symptoms.